As we enter 2020, many of us are thinking about our careers and plans for the year (and decade) ahead. At CPRS, we’re proud advocates of the highest professional standards in public relations and communications management since 1948–so we have six decades of experience to help you in your next steps.
Whatever your career goals for 2020 (and beyond) may be, CPRS Vancouver can be valuable in helping you achieve them. We offer several benefits to our members that can be used in different stages of your professional life:
Are you looking for a new job?
* Get exclusive access to our job board (local and national) and be the first to discover new communications and public relations job opportunities.
* New practitioners can join for half price as an Affiliate Member, a 2-year program that provides full membership benefits at a discounted price.
Are you looking to build your network?
The Vancouver Chapter has tons of great members for you to meet and we take pride in helping professionals of all levels connect and learn from each other. As a member you can:
* Attend one of our 15+ local PR events and get your membership discount on all tickets.
* Get up to $600 discount at our annual CPRS National Conference and join hundreds of delegates from across Canada to further your professional development and network.
Are you working towards a promotion?
* Watch our webinar series for 6+ free professional development sessions.
* Learn from your peers and get the latest PR news in our by-weekly newsletter Essentials.
* Earn professional credentials like APR and FCPRS to deepen your knowledge about strategies and Code of Professional Standards.
* Mentor a junior practitioner as a way to take on a new leadership role that helps others.
* Members may have the opportunity to join the CPRS Board of Directors locally and/or nationally. It is a great way to help the PR industry and Chapter grow with your skillset.
* If your idea of a promotion is to become your own boss, you can save on insurance customized to the PR profession.
Are you a student looking for more knowledge and/or work experience?
As a student, probably some of your biggest expectations is to learn all things PR related and land a good job in the field after graduating. With your commitment and CPRS support, the chances of achieving this goal can increase significantly. As a member you can:
* Participate in our mentorship program for free and receive guidance from a fellow senior practitioner for 4 months.
* Attend CPRS events with discounted fees, including dedicated student-only workshops.
* Volunteer in different portfolios to gain valuable experience and grow your network.
Now that you know that by joining CPRS it can strengthen your career’s trajectory, if you are not part of CPRS Vancouver Chapter yet, start off this new year on the right foot by signing up to be a member here.