At CPRS Vancouver we take pride in our event programming and the value it provides to our members and non-members in the fields of public relations and communications. We offer regular professional development, keynote speakers, and social events for our members to network and discuss issues focusing on real life public relations challenges and opportunities. Through the years, we’ve hosted a wide-range of inspiring speakers and we want to continue to build on this success as we plan for 2017!
Speaking at a CPRS Vancouver event is a great way to share your knowledge and experience, earn recognition as an industry leader in public relations and communications, gain personal exposure, and network with industry peers. Speaking events are typically held monthly in the early morning or early evening and attract 25-75+ people.
Our 300+ members belong to corporations, government, not-for-profit organizations, associations, health care, education, public relations agencies, and some are students enrolled in public relations and communications programs.
As a speaker, you:
- Work in public relations, communications, journalism, media relations, issues management, stakeholder engagement or a related field;
- have an interesting or innovative idea/topic, speciality, case study or story to tell related to one of the fields noted above;
- are energetic and experienced at confidently presenting to a large audience; and
- preferably hold a senior level position.
If you are interested in speaking at an upcoming CPRS Vancouver event, we encourage you to register by answering a few questions in the form below. One of our Board of Directors will be in touch with you.
Past Speakers – Local Vancouver Chapter
- The Honourable Wally Oppal, Q.C., Commissioner of the Missing Women Commission of Inquiry
- David Hahn, (former) CEO, BC Ferries
- Andrea Mestrovic, Head of Public Relations and Communications, Kit and Ace (global fashion retailer)
- Chris Brumwell, Vice President, Communications & Community Partnerships, Vancouver Canucks
- Lynne M. Perrault, Director of Electronic Commerce Enforcement, Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission
- Robert Palmer, Manager of Public Relations, WestJet
- Mairi Welman, Director, Corporate Communications & Engagement, City of Vancouver
- Erin Dermer, Director, Media Relations, TELUS
- Dave Olson, Vice President, HootSuite
Please fill out the form below: