WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE AS A MENTOR?
- Mentoring keeps you current: your mentee can provide insight into current education tools, trends and skills. Mentoring also allows you to exercise your own skills by applying your knowledge to assisting other professionals.
- Mentoring allows you to give back: as a mentor, you can help shape the next generation of communications professionals and further the industry by setting standards for tomorrow’s practitioners.
- Mentoring earns you APR Points: Accredited APR members earn one point/maintenance credit per year (as a professional activity).
- Mentoring helps you recruit talent: being a mentor helps you tap into the hidden job market by giving you access to a pool of serious and committed PR professionals.
MYTHS ABOUT MENTORING
- “It’s too time-consuming.” You are a busy professional and your time is precious, that’s why mentoring only requires a couple of hours of scheduled communication throughout the four-month program.
- “I’ll be barraged with calls and e-mails.” Mentees are aware that the program only requires three meetings, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- “I don’t have time for face-to-face meetings.” Your time is valuable which is why the program only requires one face-to-face meeting and two other meetings, which do not need to be face-to-face.
WHO CAN BE A MENTOR?
- Mentors must be professional members of CPRS (national, affiliate or lifetime).
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!