Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. You are always free to browse our website without identifying yourself. If you choose to take advantage of our services, we may ask you for some personal information. This privacy statement discloses the information gathering and privacy practices for our website.
The Information We Collect
The type of personal identifiable information that we collect may include name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information (where applicable). It may also include information about your interests in and the use of various products, programs and services. This personal information is specifically used to process and fulfill any orders and to customize delivery of information to you.
Our website will also allow you to submit information about other people, which may include submitting a person’s mailing and email address to enroll them for membership or for a seminar or an event.
How We Use the Information
In addition to fulfilling your requests for our products, programs and services we may also use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when we make changes to our subscriber agreements, to fulfill an online order for products or services, or to contact you about issues regarding your membership.
We may also use the information that we collect in connection with our online discussion forums and from time to time to offer you products, programs or services.
We sometimes use the non-personal identifiable information to improve the design and content of our products, programs and services and to enable us to provide a more tailored interface for users.
Collection of Information by Third Party Sites
The website may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Users should consult the other sites privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by these third parties.
Organizations that may have access to your data include the following:
- Sea to Sky as the administrator, for the purposes of membership, event registration and participation, requested services, and other related communications
- Professional Conference Organizers of the events for the purpose of managing the events
- Conference hotels for the purpose of booking your hotel room and managing that booking
- Fellow event participants, including sponsors and exhibitors, through participant lists and/or event Apps and other devices, for the purposes of connecting and communicating prior, during and post event
- Other service providers, such as hosting, software maintenance, credit card processing (www.wirecardbank.com/GDPR), e-newsletter tools, registration software, and journal distributors. These service providers may be supplied with or have access to the information you provide through our clients’ websites, but only for the purpose of providing these services to our clients on their behalf. These service providers are obligated to keep confidential the information you provide through the website and need to be CASL and GDPR complaint in order to work with our clients.
- Member volunteers, such as the Board and Committee members, may have access to certain portions of the information you provided in the course of their role as Board or Committee member.
How will my data be collected and stored?
Personal data will be collected safely and securely, and may be stored and processed in Canada, the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia or any other continent or country in which our clients, their vendors, or partners, maintain facilities. Adequate security measures have been taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorized access as much as it is feasible.
At any time, you may:
- Ask what personal data we hold about you and how that data is used
- Ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data we hold about you or ask us to delete your personal data
- Opt out of any marketing or other communications that we or our third-party suppliers may send to you
- Have the right to withdraw your consent for our clients to use your personal data
How long will we store your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, our clients will keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In the event of a data security breach, our clients will notify you within 72 hours of discovering the breach.
Cookies and Log Files
Our site also uses log files to track site usage and trends. When you visit our site, we automatically retain certain information that your computer sends to us, such as the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our site, your IP address, and the type of web browser you are using. We use this information to analyze usage of our site and to improve the user experience. This information does not identify you personally.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safe guard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect online.